Saturday, March 1, 2014

Slice of Life Writing Challenge

As a (very pregnant) momma of two small children under the age of two, I've been feeling pretty bummed lately, about how little I feel I use my brain, my gifts, my talents... you know, those things that seem to make me ME, rather than Momma. Another writer asked me two months ago if I had written anything lately. I felt ashamed to say, "No. Nothing more than grocery lists and an occasional journal entry!" And the same is pretty much true now. 

Graciously, he said to me, "Well, to be fair, you're living your source material now. Not to worry, the time for writing will come when your kids are a little older." 

And, while I appreciate the grace he extended, I'll admit that the simple fact that I am NOT writing at all made me want to curl up and cry.  If I want to call myself a writer, then I MUST write! So, even though this baby is scheduled to arrive in thirteen days; the clean, unfolded laundry is piled high; and there are more unfinished home renovation projects in my house than completed ones, I'm going to attempt this writing challenge. I know I won't actually post something every day for the next 31 days, but I'm hoping that I will actually write something most of those days.  I'll have some free time, you know, when I take my "vacation at Pinnacle Health."   

Slice of LIfe Writing Challenge


No comments:

Post a Comment